[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Error after enabling m2eclipse

Max Rydahl Andersen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 31 07:02:30 EDT 2011

Max Rydahl Andersen [http://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created the discussion

"Re: Error after enabling m2eclipse"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/596765#596765

I got this reply from Rob on this since I found a lot of bugzillas on this one:

"This problem occurs when your project is using a facet version (web 2.5) but your descriptor clearly declares a separate version (web 2.4).

This has usually been declared by wtp as a project error and not a tools error. Obviously it's also a tools error but the logic in their code that recognizes project type is very complicated and I don't think anyone was ever able to fix it."

Can you check if there is a discrepency between your facet version and your descriptor ?

Then if you are really using web 2.5 then update your descriptor (I assume Rob meant web.xml btw.) to use web 2.5  and not 2.4 ?