[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: The process instance Couldn't completed

Scott Baldwin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 31 14:47:44 EDT 2011

Scott Baldwin [http://community.jboss.org/people/mrknightley] created the discussion

"Re: The process instance Couldn't completed"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/596957#596957

I've been fighting with this same issue for the last week. I checked the jbpm-gwt-console-server.war and see the following files:

WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/hibernate.cfg.xml
WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/orm.xml
WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/persistence.xml

The orm.xml file seems correct based on what Kris said to put on the classpath:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<entity-mappings xmlns=" http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/orm http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/orm"
               xmlns:xsi=" http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
               xsi:schemaLocation=" http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/orm http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/orm orm_1_0.xsd"
               version="1.0">
      <named-query name="ProcessInstancesWaitingForEvent">
          <query>
select
    processInstanceInfo.processInstanceId
from
    ProcessInstanceInfo processInstanceInfo
where
    :type in elements(processInstanceInfo.eventTypes)
          </query>
      </named-query>
</entity-mappings>

I got to this point by using the jbpm-installer ant script target start.demo and using the H2 driver for the DB backend.

If I start the Evaluation work flow in the demo, and terminate it from the jbpm-console, I get the exception about the named query not being found (ProcessInstancesWaitingForEvent). The terminate does happen though and the process instance is gone from the console. However, the Evaluation work flow in the demo completes normal if I go through the designed flow and complete the human tasks using the different users.

I also created my own workflow with no human tasks. When it completes, I get the same exception about the ProcessInstancesWaitingForEvent query not being found.

Any ideas?