[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Generated double-slash in webservice URL

Anatoliy Kulikov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 3 14:25:10 EDT 2011

Anatoliy Kulikov [http://community.jboss.org/people/akulikov] created the discussion

"Generated double-slash in webservice URL"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/603280#603280

Currently I am doingmigration of our project from jboss 4 to jboss 6 final. One of the problems isgenerated extra slash in a path to the web services endpoint.
We are using POJO web services.
Some configuration:
In jboss-web.xml we have <context-root>/</context-root>
In web.xml we have
<servlet>
<servlet-name>trainingCertificationService</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>org.webservice.TrainingCertificationSoap</servlet-class>
<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>trainingCertificationService</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/iut/trainingCertificationService</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
I am able to deploy current project but every web service endpoint contains double-slash
*Here is an example* http://localhost:8080//iut/trainingCertificationService (http://localhost:8080/iut/trainingCertificationService?wsdl)http://localhost:8080/iut/trainingCertificationService?wsdl
Somehow jboss deployment is adding endpoint configuration to a root context. A result is simple //iut/myWebservices.Is anybody knows how to remove extra slash from endpoint path? Our project is huge. So I created test project and deployed web service with a context-root different from “/” and I got correct result and path to the web service endpoint. Even in a test project after setting context-root to a “/” I got double slashesin URL. Is it a jboss bug or I am missing something.  I am using jboss 6.0.0 final and java version"1.6.0_22"
Thank you for help

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]