[jboss-user] [jBPM] - TaskClient not connecting

npereira do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 4 10:59:58 EDT 2011

npereira [http://community.jboss.org/people/npereira] created the discussion

"TaskClient not connecting"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/603466#603466

Hi forum,

I have been looking at JBPM5 API and I have a problem connecting to TaskClient from a different server.

So I have my JBPM5.1 server, running.
But from another machine I want to be able to connect to the JBPM5.1 and query the Human Task Service.

Now the problem is that if I query it from localhost or 127.0.0.1, it works fine.
*TaskClient client = new TaskClient(new MinaTaskClientConnector("JBPM Interface", new MinaTaskClientHandler(SystemEventListenerFactory.getSystemEventListener())));*
*client.connect("127.0.0.1", 9123);*

But from another machine, running the same code, from another machine, it says that it cannot connect.
*TaskClient client = new TaskClient(new MinaTaskClientConnector("JBPM Interface", new MinaTaskClientHandler(SystemEventListenerFactory.getSystemEventListener())));*
*client.connect("10.1.5.13", 9123);*

Now I have tried this on diferent machine and the result is the same.
I have read here in the forum that this is possible, even connect multiple machines to the same Human Task Service.

Do I need to be looking at some configuration? (I have the install.demo config)

Regards,
Nelson