[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - How to make Jboss server recognize Windows DLL

Tuan Nguyen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 4 18:31:04 EDT 2011

Tuan Nguyen [http://community.jboss.org/people/tnguyen_75] created the discussion

"How to make Jboss server recognize Windows DLL"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/603546#603546

I was trying to call my Java code that uses JNA to link DLL's.

In my class, I define jna.library.path as such:
static {
System.setProperty(“jna.library.path”, “C:\\Software\\VMWare\\VSphere-4.1″);
}
In Jboss’s start-up script. I set the JVM argument to to point to jna.library.path containing DLL’s
set “JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Djna.library.path=C:\Software\VMWare\VSphere-4.1″
When I run the code on Jboss server, I got a null pointer exception for the following code:
hostHandle = new VixVSphereHandle(“10.2.0.100″,443,”administrator”,”cf at dp@$$w0rd”);
It seems that Jboss could not find the DLL’s to link VixVSphereHandle.
Environment:
(1) Jboss 5.0.1
(2) Windows Server 2003

Any idea?