[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache] - REPL_SYNC with 1 phase possible?

Adam Fitzgerald do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 12 16:08:09 EDT 2011

Adam Fitzgerald [http://community.jboss.org/people/afitzms] created the discussion

"REPL_SYNC with 1 phase possible?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/605031#605031

Hi,

My understanding of how REPL_SYNC replication works is that on a user commit:
-locks are obtained for the keys on remote caches (during prepare)
-if the locks are successfully obtained, the cache commits and then replicates the changes to the remote instances

With REPL_SYNC and syncCommit=true it seems like there is the potential to optimize out one of these network round trips with more 1PC like semantics - we already do not have a success guarantee after the first phase (replication can fail).

Is there a way to configure JBoss Cache to not obtain locks on remote instances during the prepare phase, and just try to replicate the changes during the commit?

Thanks,
Adam

Start a new discussion in JBoss Cache at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2052]