[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - anyway to do loadtime aop without javaagent?

null null do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 16 15:56:28 EDT 2011

null null [http://community.jboss.org/people/deanhiller] created the discussion

"anyway to do loadtime aop without javaagent?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/605525#605525

We are using annovention to scan for annotations which means our Class is not loaded since it just reads the bytecode.  I then have a list of all the classes I want to insert two methods into(readObject/writeObject) and add the Serializable interface too(very special platform targeted at specific problem).

Soooo, now that I have the classname and it is NOT in the classloader, I would really like to load the class now without any tweaks to the command line so all the unit tests keep working without developers having to change their config for every test case.  Ideally, we don't want compile time weaving since developers run the unit tests from eclipse as well.

I am assuming, I could setup a classloader and that hopefully jbossAOP already has a classloader I can just wire in and maybe feed this special list of classes into that classloader as I discover them???

thanks for any help/pointers to more docs on this.
Dean

Start a new discussion in JBoss AOP at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2027]