[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Call Activity and Process Data Input

Francesco Pietrobelli do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 25 06:45:07 EDT 2011

Francesco Pietrobelli [http://community.jboss.org/people/francesco.pietrobelli] created the discussion

"Re: Call Activity and Process Data Input"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/606906#606906

The simplest way to pass something to a process called by a call activity that i found is the following:
* In subProcess define a property, for example a property with id set to "subProcessProperty"
* In superProcess 1. define a property, for example a property with id set to "superProcessProperty"
2. define a call activity with ioSpecification that has a dataInput with arbitrary id and name identical to id of subProcess property (i.e. subProcessProperty), then define a dataInputAssociation of call activity with source set to superProcessProperty and target set to dataInput's id

But I don't like very much this solution because in my opinion it isn't the best usage of the bpmn2.0 standard and details are hidden from the process's graph.

Francesco