[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: Deployments Missing Dependencies

Steve Friesen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 25 18:22:30 EDT 2011

Steve Friesen [http://community.jboss.org/people/sfriesen] created the discussion

"Re: Deployments Missing Dependencies"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/607079#607079

I created a new datasource that does not include the "jdbc/", but continue to have the missing dependency problem:

DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES:
  Deployment "jboss-switchboard:appName=sfRichFaces1,module=sfRichFaces1" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "jboss.jca:name=internal/sfRichFaces1/sfRichFaces1/env/fisdbdev,service=DataSourceBinding" (should be in state "Installed", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.jca:name=internal/sfRichFaces1/sfRichFaces1/env/fisdbdev,service=DataSourceBinding',whenRequired=MapControllerStateModel$ControllerStateWrapper at 19f2abf{Installed},dependentState=MapControllerStateModel$ControllerStateWrapper at 19f2abf{Installed} **")
  Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/sfRichFaces1" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "jboss-switchboard:appName=sfRichFaces1,module=sfRichFaces1" (should be in state "Installed", but is actually in state "Deploy")
DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
  Deployment "jboss.jca:name=internal/sfRichFaces1/sfRichFaces1/env/fisdbdev,service=DataSourceBinding" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.jca:name=internal/sfRichFaces1/sfRichFaces1/env/fisdbdev,service=DataSourceBinding',whenRequired=MapControllerStateModel$ControllerStateWrapper at 19f2abf{Installed},dependentState=MapControllerStateModel$ControllerStateWrapper at 19f2abf{Installed} **
My gut is telling me that there is some configuration with JBoss that is different than what I have done in Netbeans that I have not done. Any other ideas?

Also Eclipse does not like "mappedName" as an attribute of @Resource. I've tried both
@Resource(name="java:fisdbdev")

and
@Resource(name="fisdbdev")
and I get the same missing dependency error.

Thanks,

Steve