[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Resources Handling on TaskClient in JBPM5

Andy Yeung do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 3 02:15:25 EDT 2011

Andy Yeung [http://community.jboss.org/people/andy.yeung] created the discussion

"Resources Handling on TaskClient in JBPM5"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/634736#634736

We are currently using the MinaTaskClientConnector within the TaskClient based on the example given. I noticed that CommandBasedWSHumanTaskHandler indeed need to create  TaskClient by itself. Since TaskClient involves making connection to server, I want to ask the following in order to decide how to manage the TaskClient instances.

1. Does every TaskClient take up large amount of resources?
2. Is TaskClient thread safe which I can shared among multiple knowledgeSession?
3. I notice that clientConnnector within the TaskClient owned the BaseHandler and I notice that everytime CommandBasedWSHumanTaskHandler execute an workitem, it register an event handler in the BaseHandler. But it seems won't unregister it after use. Does it mean TaskClient is not meant to be shared?
4. I notice that there is a isRemove interface in EventResponseHandler but I find that TaskCompletedHandler isRemove always return false. Don't know if there is reason behind that.

Anyone has idea on this?