[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Custom Deployer

sylvester mauro do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 4 20:14:19 EDT 2011

sylvester mauro [http://community.jboss.org/people/symauro] created the discussion

"Custom Deployer"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/635162#635162

Hi

first I would like to apologize for the long post. I hvae been trying out different things and doing lot of searches to no avail and getting frustrated. Any help would be really appreciated.
I am a beginner and using JBoss 5.1 I need to write  a custome deployer similar to Ear deployer. Experience with ear deployer has been the foll:
1. Does not seem to deploy in the order mentioned in the application.xml (there have been other posts addressing this- but I couldnt figure out whether this is fixed or not).TO make this work do I need to chnage the StructureDeployer.
2. I also see that on failure of one of the modules the whole ear is not undeployed.

is there any way I can write my custom deployer managing the order and register a listener in the event one of the modules being deploed has an exception. To do this which Helper deployer do I need to extend.
I also couldnt figure out the purpose of the AppParsingDeployer.
If I do not add my new suffix in deployer.xml for the JarStructure bean, can I untar and keep copying each moduel manually in the order mention in my descriptor (say application.xml). Or is there a way I can call each sub deployer specifically. This way I can see if there's any error. Adding to the JarStructure seems to explode my ear and the sub modules are deployed automatically.- I would like to control this.

Thanks in advance
Symauro