[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - JBoss Tools in Eclipse - Code Completion EL not working

david meier do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 11 12:51:12 EST 2011

david meier [http://community.jboss.org/people/membersound] created the discussion

"JBoss Tools in Eclipse - Code Completion EL not working"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/636214#636214

Hi,

just trying to use JBT in Eclipse, and cannot get the EL code completion.
f:, h: etc tags work fine. Too if I add my managed bean by faces-config, then EL completion also works.

But as I want to use @ManagedBean annotations, somehow the code completion does not recognize my classes.
Does any1 know how to solve this?

--

further:
How can I tell eclipse to use closing tags within a statement, eg: <h:outputText value="" />

If I manually write the tags everything's fine. But using the JBoss Tools Palette Drag+Drop elements, they always include these needless closing tags </h:...>

Thanks a lot