[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Process Version

Amin Mohammed-Coleman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 17 03:28:37 EST 2011

Amin Mohammed-Coleman [http://community.jboss.org/people/amin-mc] created the discussion

"Re: Process Version"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/636925#636925

Thanks for your reply.  Is there a way to extend jbpm5 to support version?  We want the ability to deploy different versions of the same process definition id.  I would've thought that the process instance should have the appropriate process definition attached to it but this doesn't seem to be the case.  It works in some cases where you can define new ids but in our usecase we have up stream systems that fire requests to start a process and asking them to update the process id everytime the process defintion changes (even adding a new node) doesn't seem to be feasible at the time.  I am happy to extend jBPM  5 but it would be great if i could get some pointers on what i need to do so version number can be supported.