[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Problem Starting JBoss AS with JBoss Tools

Stephen Wick do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 18 18:35:15 EST 2011

Stephen Wick [http://community.jboss.org/people/swick] created the discussion

"Re: Problem Starting JBoss AS with JBoss Tools"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/637277#637277

I resolved the issue.

When I created the Server, the default value of the Server Name field is "JBoss EAP 4.3 Runtime: jms1 Server".  I get a NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/Main when I try to start the server.

I deleted the Server.  Then I created a new Server with the Name, "jms1".  Now when I start the server I get a different error, "org.jgroups.ChannelException

: failed to start protocol stack, Caused by: java.lang.Exception: exception caused by UDP.start(), Caused by: java.lang.Exception: problem creating sockets (bind_addr=localhost/127.0.0.1, mcast_addr=230.1.2.7:45577), Caused by: java.net.SocketException: An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket".
I get this same error several times in the Eclipse Console.

#

####
##
##
##

####

After appending the string " -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true" to the VM Arguments textarea of the Launch Configuration for my "jms1" server it starts up with no errors and Eclipse detects that the JBoss server is running!