[jboss-user] [EJB3] - EJB3 - LobHelper from underlying Hibernate session

Pasquale Imbemba do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 22 08:05:51 EST 2011

Pasquale Imbemba [http://community.jboss.org/people/pi4630] created the discussion

"EJB3 - LobHelper from underlying Hibernate session"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/637700#637700

Hi,

I'm using JBoss 6.0.0. Final and EJB3.
I have an entity bean with has a field of type CLOB. From a helper class that instances a new entity bean, I'd like to convert from a domain object (Pojo) that holds a String to CLOB.

Hibernate.createClob(String string)

results deprecated as of Hibernate 3.6.0. The  http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/core/3.6/javadocs/ API suggests I use Hibernate's session to get a reference to the LobHelper, but how can I access a Hibernate Session from within a SLSB? Note that I call the helper class from the SLSB and could eventually pass Hibernate session as argument.

Thanks in advance!
~pasquale

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]