[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: A question about rule task in jBPM5

dalgwen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 24 04:55:02 EST 2011

dalgwen [http://community.jboss.org/people/dalgwen] created the discussion

"Re: A question about rule task in jBPM5"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/638100#638100

> I was replying to the post of  http://community.jboss.org/people/dalgwen dalgwen and  http://community.jboss.org/people/afisboy Tom G regarding the org.drools.persistence.info.WorkItemInfo not being properly persisted.

Hello Maïté, unfortunately I didn't manage to resolve this error in a direct way.
Instead, I choosed to not use asynchronous work item completion : I now rely on external message to trigger the next step in the workflow.

My workitem launch the task in another thread, then complete itself, as the standard synchronous way.
The next step in the workflow is an "AND" gateway, waiting for an external message to be sent.
The other thread, when completed, launch the proper message.
And so the workflow goes on.

That's how I manage to use asynchronous task.