[jboss-user] [jBPM] - [jbpm5.1] Inconsistencies between Guvnor and jbpm-console

michelpohle do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 25 09:05:09 EST 2011

michelpohle [http://community.jboss.org/people/michelpohle] created the discussion

"[jbpm5.1] Inconsistencies between Guvnor and jbpm-console"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/638371#638371

Dear jBPM-Community,

I am rather new with jBPM, but so far could solve all the problems I've come across by analysis and googling. Not so this time. Workflows from Guvnor will just not show up in the jBPM web console ( http://localhost:8080/jbpm-console/ http://localhost:8080/jbpm-console/). Please let me tell you my development environment and approach so I can explain my problem:

* jBPM 5.1 deployed on a JBoss AS 7.0.1 (jbpm-gwt-console-[server].war) together with Guvnor 5.3.0.CR1 (drools-guvnor.war)
* For designing the processes, I use the Eclipse plugin
* Then, I upload them to Guvnor by dropping the *.bpmn file into the WebDAV folder
* refresh Guvnor and build package
* refresh and check in jBPM web console

 This approach worked until yesterday, when a workflow would just not show up in the jBPM console. Things got weird when I minimized the workflow to isolate the problem and, in another step, had to change the process ID in order to avoid conflict. After replacing the old workflow file (the only difference being the changed ID) and rebuilding Drools' defaultPackage, I would have expected to the either the old or the new process. Instead, localhost:8080/gwt-console-server/rs/process/definitions returned this:

> {"definitions":[{"id":"com.sample.bpmn.hello","name":"Hello World","version":0,"packageName":"defaultPackage","deploymentId":"N/A","suspended":false},{"id":"com.sample.bpmn.hellox","name":"Hello World","version":0,"packageName":"defaultPackage","deploymentId":"N/A","suspended":false}]}

Both versions of the minimized process would show up in the jBPM console and be executable although only one file corresponding to the workflow was included in the built package.

Both source and documentation of the Drools package contain no helpful information and when I checked the binary with a text editor (before minimizing the workflow), I could make out fragments of my code, indicating that it was included in the package.

One of the last things I changed before these inconsistencies started to occur was change the configuration of the defaultPackage (importing a class and later deleting that import). Assuming that this was the reason for my problems, I've since deleted the h2 database, Drools' repository folder and JBoss' temp files and afterwards re-imported all necessary files into Guvnor, but that seemed not to change anything about my problem.

As reference, here are the original and minimal workflow files and a custom work item definition that is used by the original. I had already successfully executed workflows with that custom work item before the problem occured.

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Best regards,
Michèl Pohle