[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - Re: JNDI Lookup fails in JBoss AS 7 [java.naming.CommunicationException]

abiya do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 29 07:41:29 EST 2011

abiya [http://community.jboss.org/people/abiya] created the discussion

"Re: JNDI Lookup fails in JBoss AS 7 [java.naming.CommunicationException]"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/638860#638860

Hi Koushik,

I was trying to access in the init method of startupservlet

**public  **class** StartupServlet *extends* HttpServlet
**
{

// Initializing Logger.

//private static MLogger s_logger = new MLogger(ServeImagesServlet.class);

/**

* init method
*/

**public** **void** init(ServletConfig a_config) **throws**  ServletException
{

**super**.init(a_config);
System.++out++.println("StartupServlet.init() called.");

**try**
{

InitialContext ctx = **new** InitialContext();
DataSource ds = (javax.sql.DataSource) ctx.lookup("java:jboss/datasources/Test");

System.++out++.println("context info in StratupServlet init method...."
+ds);
}

**catch**(NamingException e) {

// **TODO**
Auto-generated catch block

e.printStackTrace();
}
}

And I get the following error,
17:58:09,306 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-2) javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: java:jboss/datasources/Test
17:58:09,306 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-2)  at org.jboss.as.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:55)
17:58:09,306 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-2)  at org.jboss.as.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:209)
17:58:09,306 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-2)  at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
17:58:09,306 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-2)  at com.common.web.servlet.StartupServlet.init(StartupServlet.java:40)

I get similar error when I try to access from init method of filter as well.

I have another basic question,
suppose I invoke a method in utility class from servlet.... will I be able to get the initialcontext using
InitialContext ctx = **new** InitialContext(); in the utility class?

Thanks,
Abiya

Start a new discussion in JNDI and Naming at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2083]