[jboss-user] [EJB3] - WorkerThread#

André Simões do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 30 07:03:32 EST 2011

André Simões [http://community.jboss.org/people/asimoes] created the discussion

"WorkerThread#"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/639091#639091

Hi.

Does someone knows how to control the workerThread polll that we see on Jboss 510?

In a remote client ssb ejb invocation to a cluster environment we create a socket to (default) port 3873 on {jboss.bind.address}.

In the server side, we can configure how many threads are listening the server socket port (PooledInvokerHA -> numAcceptThreads)

When a client connects to a cluster member, the RemotingConnector receives the request and sends to the client the connection parameters
<parameter>socket://${jboss.bind.address}:${port}?timeout=300000&amp;invokerDestructionDelay=5000</parameter>

If we have, lets say, 100 simultaneous clients, we will see 100 WorkerThreads showing up on the cluster.

These WorkerThreads are responsible to process the requests (they are alocated to the ssb)

>From my experiences, the max number of WorkerThreads are 300 for each Jboss node.

On my tests, once these WorkerThreads are created, they are reused, but never destroyed.

There must be some way to control the idle timeout for this threads?
How do I control this max number of workersHi.

Does someone knows how to control the workerThread polll that we see on Jboss 510?

In a remote client ssb ejb invocation to a cluster environment we create a socket to (default) port 3873 on {jboss.bind.address}.

In the server side, we can configure how many threads are listening that port (PooledInvokerHA -> numAcceptThreads)

When a client connects to a cluster member, the RemotingConnector receives the request and sends to the client the connection params

<parameter>socket://${jboss.bind.address}:${port}?timeout=300000&amp;invokerDestructionDelay=5000</parameter>

If we have, lets say, 100 simultaneous clients, we will see 100 WorkerThreads showing up on the cluster.

These WorkerThreads are responsible to process the request (they are alocated to the ssb)

>From my experiences, the max number of WorkerThreads are 300 for Jboss node.

On my tests, once these WorkerThreads are created, they are reused, but never destroyed.

There must be some way to control the idle timeout for this threads?

Does anyone knows how to control these WorkerThreads?

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]