[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: EJB-JAR.XML AND JBOSS.XML SETUP

Bruce Sanders do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 3 15:59:59 EDT 2011

Bruce Sanders [http://community.jboss.org/people/brucesanders63] created the discussion

"Re: EJB-JAR.XML AND JBOSS.XML SETUP"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/629936#629936

I have attached several files that I hope will provide someone with the insight to assist.  I'm trying to access an EJB in a jar file from MyEclipse(I believe I would have the same problem from eclipse).  The heart of the matter(I believe) can be found in the log from the server where the ejb-jar.xml and jboss.xml won't synch and therefore when I try to execute CalculationAppealsManager ejb = EJBFactory.getCalculationAppealsManager() it fails since JBOSS wasn't able to connect to the EJB.  I've tried many different things but to no avail.  I'm not ashamed to say that some of this is lack of EJB/JBOSS knowledge.  I'm a developer, not a systems guy and my Enterprise Java is extremely rusty(been in the c#.net world for several years).  Any assistance would be appreciated.