[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Need help with JBPM Process coding

Raul DM do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 4 10:12:12 EDT 2011

Raul DM [http://community.jboss.org/people/raahool_16] created the discussion

"Need help with JBPM Process coding"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/630062#630062

     Hi,

I am new to JBPM. I have couple of questions:

1. Do I need to learn Drool first to proceed with JBPM ? Is Drool really required or I can do everything with JBPM 5 itself?

2. How can I create rules in JBPM and execute them ?

3. How can I create web application using JBPM library?

4. Do I need to write Java code as we usually do in classes inside packages or we have to write the codes in the Process itself I mean in the bpmn file..!!

For Example: My requirement is as follows:

 I need to create a set of Products for my construction company ABC. ABC deals with construction of real estates and based on the requirement of the client it charges the customer.
Scenario 1:
Product : resident house.
rule 1: if (area > 1000 sq feet) then (construction charge = 100$ per square feet) else (construction charge = 90$ per sq feet)
rule 2: if (property is for residential use) then (Service Tax = 5%) else (Service Tax = 8%)

I am confused after goign through some of the documentation on JBPM,

Kindly guide me so that I can proceed with the rule engine.

Raul