[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Using "signavio-core-components" BPMN2.0 processes with jBPM5

Alexander Jiteg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 4 10:13:10 EDT 2011

Alexander Jiteg [http://community.jboss.org/people/alexndr79] created the discussion

"Using "signavio-core-components" BPMN2.0 processes with jBPM5"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/630063#630063

Hi!

I have used "Signavio-core-component"-editor to create a very simple BPMN2.0 process. The process flow goes like: start->task->end.
I have imported the process in jBPM5 Eclipse and managed to open it there. Next I've tried to run the process in the jBPM5 engine which works fine (eventhough the process does nothing really).

I've now tried to implement some functionality for the task by using a WorkItemHandler. Doing that I realized that the outgome from the "Signavio-core-component"-editor is not 100% compatible with the jBPM5 engine. For example, the WorkItemHandler seems to require a taskName- attribute for the task which is not generated by "Signavio-core-component" editor. If I add this attribute manually to the task I can get the process to run, using a WorkItemHandler.

I thought that the jBPM5 web designer was based on "Signavio-core-component"-editor and that the outcome for both editors would be the same? I have just scratched the surface here so I guess there are more things that differs in the generated processes between the two editors? Maybe using "Signavio-core-component"-editor is not really an option for jBPM5 at all? The reason to why I'm sticking to "Signavio-core-component" is because we alrerady have some other projects utilizing it.

Suggestions? Comments?

/Alex