[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: How to persist a timer

Ryan Peterson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 4 13:25:17 EDT 2011

Ryan Peterson [http://community.jboss.org/people/rrpeterson] created the discussion

"Re: How to persist a timer"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/630113#630113

I've had similar issues.  The way I worked around mine was to not call the .dispose() method on the ksession until all processes have finished executing.  For some reason calling dispose during processInstance execution put things into a weird state.  Maybe that's how it's supposed to work, its unclear to me if .dispose() should be called every every unit of work (check on the status of a running processInstance for example), or only at the completion of all work.

Using the previous approach I also found if the processInstance is persisted while waiting in a timer state, and is retrieved after the timer has expired, the process instance will not continue firing.  Basically the session has to be re-loaded from the DB before timer expiration.

I haven't played with the KnowledgeBase, I'll give that a shot & see if there's a better solution that way.