[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: The bpmn2 process editor and the guvnor web process editor can`t be compatible freely?

Adam Bach do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 5 06:14:11 EDT 2011

Adam Bach [http://community.jboss.org/people/heathcliff] created the discussion

"Re: The bpmn2 process editor and the guvnor web process editor can`t be compatible  freely?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/630196#630196

there was one of my topics where I have posted 2 example differences. But they exeisted when using installer versions.

Whe I have changed to some newer web designer version I remember (sth like 56) and I think it even couldnt save gatweway type. So After few such experiences I stopped using it.

Every stabile version should be attached to installer etc so we know which one to use.

Sorry for beeing discouraging but I'm writing  MA Thesis on BPM and long time ago I decided to use jBPM but for many months every release is continously discouraging me.

- No WebService task as standard one, which is in specification as standard...
- jbpm-console doesnt support HumanTask WS specification, there is no JPA logging attached to console, no loggin of started/stopped of human task which is kinda essential, strange ant manipulation with server war package bacouse sb commited wrong persistence.xml to console server. I got an advise to not use it as this is only demonstrational product... cmon  :(  this suucks, every real bpms should have such console working. I am currently trying to modify it but as i dwell deeper i get to gwt-console* packages that jbpm console depands and i cnat find any project page for it so i need to download sources from gerpcode and try to make it all manualy... so jbpm console depands on different jars which should be available as projects with jbpm console souces to be freely modified....
- eclipse bpmn2 plugin (not the one from isntaller, and I know it now you who is responsible for this plugin!) is not compatibile although it looks greate! team seems to have abandoned the further work on February this year and this is the time i saw last commit.
- Web Designer problems, no custom tasks (I saw them in some guvnor tutorial lately but this is not compatibile with jpbm-consol as far as i know)

This all makes me very discouraged for further work but since i have spend so much time on it already i cant realy change to other product. Writing my own jbpm console makes no sense as this take much time and duplicates current functionality and would enhence it only in very few places...