[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: How to Complete a WorkItem using REST API

Chris Melas do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 12 06:15:18 EDT 2011

Chris Melas [http://community.jboss.org/people/melc] created the discussion

"Re: How to Complete a WorkItem using REST API"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/631319#631319

Hello,
You can ask the knowledge session to complete a workitem by calling,
ksession.getWorkItemManager().completeWorkItem(workItemId, null);//or instead of null a map of parameters

So workItemId would have to be passed to your web service and the web service will have to be part of the system that contains the jbpm engine in order to have access to the knowledge session.

Whether this approach is correct or not depends on your problem domain, we can discuss it if you want.
Generally I believe it is a fine method for delegating the responsibility of managing the workings of the engine to some engine related controller. I actually use such approach as part of a generic, implemenation independent framework.