[jboss-user] @DataSourceConfiguration with JPA

fernando at lozano.eti.br fernando at lozano.eti.br
Fri Oct 14 10:38:58 EDT 2011

Hi there,

Are @DatsourceConfiguration and persistence.xml supposed to work together?
>From some posts on the Glassfish user list, it looks they should, but I
cannot make this work with JBoss AS 6.1. Is this a flaw with the Java EE 6
spec or a missing item on AS 6.1 as it is not yet Full Profile certified?

At deploy time, AS complains it cannot find the datasource referenced by
persistence.xml, but I can check with JNDIView from JMX Console and from
the Admin console it's there, with the correct name.

Another question, It should be possible to have a Java EE 6 app without any
XML deployment descriptor, but I could not find annotations to replace
persistence.xml. Am I missing something?
[]s, Fernando Lozano