[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: Problems connecting to JMS

Hauke Gulich do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Oct 15 14:10:20 EDT 2011

Hauke Gulich [http://community.jboss.org/people/haukegulich] created the discussion

"Re: Problems connecting to JMS"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/631916#631916

I have moved the question to the JBoss Forum and I found some links that the remote JNDI lookup isn't implemented yet.
( http://community.jboss.org/thread/170291 http://community.jboss.org/thread/170291 and  https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1338 https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1338)

Well like Clebert Suconic wrote before one option would be connecting without JNDI. So I looked at the docs from hornetq and found this:

 http://hornetq.sourceforge.net/docs/hornetq-2.0.0.GA/user-manual/en/html/using-jms.html http://hornetq.sourceforge.net/docs/hornetq-2.0.0.GA/user-manual/en/html/using-jms.html
h2. 7.5. Directly instantiating JMS Resources without using JNDI

But unfortunately this isn't working at all.

I looked at the examples from hornetq but they are all using JNDI. Those how doesn't use JNDI are kind of strange. If I get the examples right, those examples starts the jms server by itself and creates the queues during runtime.

I have everything set up already and just wanted to connect to the queue like on jboss 4. I didn't had any problems with jboss 4.

Does anyone has any further ideas or examples?

Many greetings,
Hauke