[jboss-user] [Snowdrop] - Class loader issues

Ed Ross do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 20 13:07:56 EDT 2011

Ed Ross [http://community.jboss.org/people/erg144] created the discussion

"Class loader issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/632814#632814

We are trying to migrate from WebLogic to JBoss but having some issues (mostly class loader issues).

we have an ear file with 7 web appliations, no EJB and everything else controlled by spring (msg, JPA, etc)

I can not get the ear to deploy, so I thought I would first try some WebApps individually.

I installed snowdrop as per the instructions.

Now, when I try and depoy the WebApp I get numerous errors.

1 - JBOSS is scanning the files for EJB's and I get numerous errors like

12:45:48,158 WARN  [org.jboss.as.ee.component.deployers.ResourceInjectionAnnotationParsingProcessor] (MSC service thread 1-3) Can't handle @Resource for ENC name: externalAccountManager on class com.crowncastle.service.IsiteUserServiceImpl since it's missing a "lookup" (or "mappedName") value and isn't of any known type12:45:48,158 WARN  [org.jboss.as.ee.component.deployers.ResourceInjectionAnnotationParsingProcessor] (MSC service thread 1-3) Can't handle @Resource for ENC name: externalAccountManager on class com.xxxxxxx.service.IsiteUserServiceImpl since it's missing a "lookup" (or "mappedName") value and isn't of any known type

These should be handled by spring, not JBOSS

2nd.

I get class not found on classes  that are in the (inside of jars)

War
     WEB-INF
          lib directory.

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager from [Module "*org.springframework.spring:snowdrop*" from local module loader @4cee32 (roots: C:\development\jboss-as-7.0.2\jboss-as-7.0.2.Final\modules)]
    at org.jboss.modules.ModuleClassLoader.findClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:191) [jboss-modules.jar:1.0.2.GA]
    at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClassChecked(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:361) [jboss-modules.jar:1.0.2.GA]
    at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClassChecked(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:333) [jboss-modules.jar:1.0.2.GA]
    at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClass(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:310) [jboss-modules.jar:1.0.2.GA]
    at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.loadClass(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:103) [jboss-modules.jar:1.0.2.GA]
    ... 18 more

I am unclear where the jar files should be placed if not in the WEB-INF/lib directory.

thx

Start a new discussion in Snowdrop at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2082]