[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: JBoss tools does not put impl classes on classpath for AS7

Max Rydahl Andersen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Oct 22 08:20:09 EDT 2011

Max Rydahl Andersen [http://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created the discussion

"Re: JBoss tools does not put impl classes on classpath for AS7"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/633134#633134

I hear you  :)

There is a war going on between the two world views of "full access/user responsible for not using the right API" vs "limited acces/platform responsible for not exposing the wrong API".

The problem is that the current notion in java world of runtimes and tooling doesn't provide a good mechanism to serve both sides well.

Personally i'm on your side of wishing transparency before limited access but also understand users are baffled/annoyed when we tell them they used internal API without realizing it.

I hope we can find a way to easily make easy debugging and introspection possible.

More suggestions and reason/arguments for both sides are very much welcome.