[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: jbpm5 Exception:Row was updated or deleted by another transaction (or unsaved-value mapping was incorrect): [org.jbpm.persistence.processinstance.ProcessInstanceInfo#2]

Aliaksei Kushunin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 24 07:47:20 EDT 2011

Aliaksei Kushunin [http://community.jboss.org/people/a.kushunin] created the discussion

"Re: jbpm5 Exception:Row was updated or deleted by another transaction (or unsaved-value mapping was incorrect): [org.jbpm.persistence.processinstance.ProcessInstanceInfo#2]"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/633270#633270

Hi Guys. I found problem in my case. I traced queries to DB and loked closely to server logs and found out than exception was thrown during process finish, when process engine tryies to remove record from ProcessInstanceInfo table.
The problem exist because  query looks like:  delete from ProcessInstanceInfo where InstanceId=107 and OPTLOCK=1.(OPTLOCK is version column) As you can understand during process flow version has changes several times and if you try to delele record with lower version you get this error.

But If I start process,  restart my app. server and than finish process no exception occurs and ProcessInstanceInfo deleted correctly.

So I have question to comunity, does process engine use cache for ProcessInstances and how can I drop this cach or turn iy off?