[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] - SecureIdentityLoginModule - How to Manage the Passwords ???

sansate do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 25 16:36:28 EDT 2011

sansate [http://community.jboss.org/people/sansate] created the discussion

"SecureIdentityLoginModule - How to Manage the Passwords ???"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/633569#633569

We are using the JBOSS SecureIdentityLoginModule to encrypt our application related accounts and passwords.  These encrypted passwords are placed in jboss config file named : login-config.xml.

If we need to modify the login-config.xml for any password change process, then we will have to restart all the servers.We have an enterprise application where we don't want to have server downtime in production. .  So there is server downtime.

Can somebody please let me know how to update the encrypted passwords in login-config.xml without restarting any servers?  May be some automated script can help us?

Thanks
Sanjeev

Start a new discussion in Datasource Configuration at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2077]