[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Using MySQL (or other database) with jBPM5

Maciej Swiderski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 26 05:30:29 EDT 2011

Maciej Swiderski [http://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] created the discussion

"Re: Using MySQL (or other database) with jBPM5"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/633629#633629

> Mylos Kathos wrote:
>
> In the documentation it's stated to add a persistence.xml file to your application, however I couldn't find this file in the jbpm 5 admin consoles, just a datasource deployed named testDS1-ds.xml.
I don't remember exactly where installer puts but my first guess would be that is should be in the console server package (for instance jbpm-gwt-console-server-war/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF).

> Mylos Kathos wrote:
> Also, how does the jBPM engine understand that the persistence.xml provided in my Web application is the one used by the jBPM 5 engine ? ( I guess it needs to be named "org.jbpm.persistence.jpa") ?
Yes, you're right. Persistence unit is resolved by name while creating entity manager factory by jBPM console.

HTH