[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - Re: client lookup EJB method in JBoss AS 7.0, but return **$$$view1

Ben Kirby do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 1 06:35:44 EDT 2011

Ben Kirby [http://community.jboss.org/people/benkirby] created the discussion

"Re: client lookup EJB method in JBoss AS 7.0,but return **$$$view1"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/624235#624235

Thanks Hay. Unfortunately that's not an option for me, as both EARs are deployables, that reguarly change.

To add to the posts above, I'm able to look up the EJB using +either+ of the global jndi names (not just one, as previously stated).

Whether the EJB is annotated with

* @Local(Store.class)
* @Remote(Store.class)
* @LocalBean

makes no difference. Store is the interface StoreFront implements. Class declarations look like this:

@Startup
@Singleton
// one of @Local, @Remote, @LocalBean as stated above
@TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.NOT_SUPPORTED)
@Transactional(TransactionPropagation.SUPPORTS)
public class StoreFront implements Store {

public interface Store {

As I understand it, the fact it's returning a proxy 'view' is normal. However, shouldn't I be able to cast that view to the interface?

My EJB knowledge is not strong, and I'm attempting to rectify that now, but if anyone can shed some light on this I'd really appreciate it.

Start a new discussion in JNDI and Naming at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2083]