[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Content Base Routing

Pete P do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 2 09:32:14 EDT 2011

Pete P [http://community.jboss.org/people/pete_p] created the discussion

"Content Base Routing"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/624466#624466

Hi

Following is a snippet from JBoss's Services_Guide.pdf. p37
It is on the subject of Content based routing.

<action class="org.jboss.soa.esb.actions.ContentBasedRouter" name="ContentBasedRouter">
     <property name="cbrAlias" value="XPath"/>
     <property name="ruleSet" value="/rules/xpath-rules.properties"/>
     <property name="ruleReload" value="true"/>
     <property name="destinations">
          <route-to destination-name="blue" service-category="BlueTeam" service-name="GoBlue" />

          <route-to destination-name="red" service-category="RedTeam" service-name="GoRed" />

          <route-to destination-name="green" service-category="GreenTeam" service-name="GoGreen" />
     </property>
</action>

Being new on this subject, I am trying to understand "how" the above actually works but struggling.

As I understand, the listener picks up the ESB Message, which is "processed" by
the class org.jboss.soa.esb.actions.ContentBasedRouter.

What is not clear in the documentation. is exactly what the class ContentBasedRouter
is doing.
Can someone clarfy this for me please.

Also is there a way I can get access to the source code for the ContentBasedRouter class.

Finally, in the above, how and where is the contents of the ESB message interrogated to
get the parameters held it. I guess this detail is in the ContentBasedRouter class.

Great subject ... just can't my humble head round it.

Thanks for any help

Pete