[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: M2E missed dependencies in WTP project deployment

daniel nitzan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 6 07:34:10 EDT 2011

daniel nitzan [http://community.jboss.org/people/danydyn] created the discussion

"Re: M2E missed dependencies in WTP project deployment"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/624976#624976

Hi Fred,

Hereby I attach a zip file containing a web project and a jar project dependency.
To reproduce on a tomcat 6 server and Indigo:

1. Deploy the web project to tomcat 6
2. Run tomcat in debug mode
3. While tomcat is in debug mode, add an empty method to TestJar on test-jar project, say test4() method and save.
4. Restart tomcat in debug (restart, not stop-start).

I then get the error popup:

Publishing failed with multiple errors
Could not delete C:/Workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp1/wtpwebapps/test-web/WEB-INF/lib. May be locked by another process.
Could not delete C:/Workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp1/wtpwebapps/test-web/WEB-INF. May be locked by another process.

Now, if I look into C:\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp1\wtpwebapps\test-web\WEB-INF, there is no classes directory, and the lib directory is empty.

Now kill tomcat, and right-click on it and choose 'clean'. Everything is back to normal.

Regards,
Daniel