[jboss-user] [EJB3] - Failed to acquire the pool semaphore in empty pool

Garry Dias do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 7 15:54:21 EDT 2011

Garry Dias [http://community.jboss.org/people/garrydias] created the discussion

"Failed to acquire the pool semaphore in empty pool"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/625367#625367

Hello .. I have a similar issue but in jboss 5.1 using ejb 3.0

My clustered app process thousands requests but I have problems in only one node.

My bean is annotated with StrictMaxPool=100 without strictTimeout. Sometimes the max pool size is reached and the incoming requests (new bean instances creation in the pool) are blocked with *Failed to acquire the pool semaphore, strictTimeout=-1*. Until now it´s an application regular behavior.

When beans creation requests  decreases my ejb blocks new instances creation =/ and *Failed to acquire the pool semaphore, strictTimeout=-1* occurs all the time. It´s like the pool is still full but in JMX-CONSOLE (domain j2ee, service=EJB3) and accessing MyWorkerBean link, the AvailableCount attribute is always 0  (until in other clustered node this attribute increases and decreases normally) and worse: no bean is instantiated anymore. My pool is empty but the container can´t instatiate MyWorkerBeans anymore. Why???

I´ll appreciate any help

thanks

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]