[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Clustering strategy for jBPM5

Arkady Perepelyuk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Sep 10 18:26:19 EDT 2011

Arkady Perepelyuk [http://community.jboss.org/people/arkper] created the discussion

"Re: Clustering strategy for jBPM5"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/625899#625899

Mauricio:

First of all, thank you very much for your time and desire to help. That's truly appreciated.

What you seem to be missing though is that in order for a cluster totry and solve the scalability problem, only ONE, but ANY one, node should be able to process ANY given valid request. In your approach, ALL nodes would try and only one would succeed to process a request. Clearly, this wouldn't address the scalability concern since ALL nodes would be trying to do the job with only one succeeding and all the other ones wasting their resources while they could have been working on other concurrent requests which would have increased the overall cluster capacity. Your approach would probably address the fail-over concern somewhat, but not at all the scalability one...

As a community, we should push the jBPM5 team very hard to introduce the clustering support into the product. They seem to take it for granted, but in my humble opinion, it's a huge void as it makes the product completely unfit for the enterprise-grade applications.