[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: Problems with JBoss 7 and remote-interface lookup with context

Hauke Gulich do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 14 01:45:35 EDT 2011

Hauke Gulich [http://community.jboss.org/people/haukegulich] created the discussion

"Re: Problems with JBoss 7 and remote-interface lookup with context"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/626365#626365

Hello agin,

I am getting closer now, but I still need some help.
I looked around within the jmx console and found this:

 http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-626365-16980/jbossJNDI.jpg  http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-626365-16980/450-369/jbossJNDI.jpg
Inside the article ( https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1709 https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1709) it says:

{code}InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext();
MyRemote bean = ctx.lookup("java:myserver1/myapp/myjar/myBean#MyRemote");{code}

What makes me wondering is *java:*
If you look at the top of the screen you can see java: with only one entry (my database datasource)

If you look at *java:global* you can see my remote and local interface which I want to load with the context.

I also tried something like this:

*java:global:localhost:8080/ear-1.0.0/server-1.0.0/ConfigurationHelper#de.hauke.server.configuration.ConfigurationHelperRemote*

without any luck.

Do I need to pass some paramters to
{code}InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext();{code}
? Maybe I need to tell the context, in which it needs to look at.

Because I always get this exception

{color:#f00}javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name 'ConfigurationHelperRemote' not found in context ''{color}

and context '' seems to be empty. So Empty might be the default (java:) context !?

Thanks a lot and greetings,
Hauke