[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Web based example using JBPM5

Tihomir Surdilovic do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 16 18:24:06 EDT 2011

Tihomir Surdilovic [http://community.jboss.org/people/tsurdilovic] created the discussion

"Re: Web based example  using JBPM5"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/626994#626994

>> There are two tools ie Guvnor repository and  Jbpm-console.From one of the examples I understood that Guvnor is used to build the binary package for the the business process and  Jbpm-console is used to view the processes.Please could you explain me the usage of these two tools. <<

Guvnor is used to manage your asset in a web-based multi-user environment. It serves as a single point of truth for all of your business assets. Guvnor stores your assets in a JCR repository (default apache Jackrabbit) and allows you to group your assets into packages, which can be compiled into binary files (.pkg). These package files can then be used by external applications (like the jbpm console) to create knowledge sessions from.

jBPM console allows you to manage your process instances (start new instances, get a list of running instances, inspect the state of an instance etc).
Console can query pkg files created in Guvnor.

I understand you are new to jBPM and we are very glad to help, but I think reading the documentation first would help you answer a number of your questions:  http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.1/userguide/ http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.1/userguide/,  http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.3.0.Beta1/drools-guvnor-docs/html_single/index.html http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.3.0.Beta1/drools-guvnor-docs/html_single/index.html.
Hope this helps.