[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: Rest Service deployment issue on JBossWS-CXF-3.4.0 and JBoss 5.1

Leon Doud do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 20 09:40:37 EDT 2011

Leon Doud [http://community.jboss.org/people/doudl] created the discussion

"Re: Rest Service deployment issue on JBossWS-CXF-3.4.0 and JBoss 5.1"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/627496#627496

Kyle,

I've had this error before and here are a couple things to try.

Is the JBoss instance you are deploying to also contain JBoss ESB?  When I ran into this problem I believe I solved it by uninstalling JBoss ESB.  Turns out JBoss ESB has a Spring deployment inside it.

Are you using jbossws-cxf.xml?  If so, make sure you don't have the normal CXF imports, such as:
|  | <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml" /> |
|  | <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-soap.xml" /> |
|      | <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml" /> |

Are you using a different "beans.xml" file than jbossws-cxf.xml? This might be your problem. I've seen people try to take CXF based services that run on Tomcat and deploy on JBoss and it just doesn't work. You need to change you web.xml and use jbossws-cxf.xml if this is the case.

I found the following links helpful.  They are not specific to REST, but I don't think your problem is specific to REST either.

 http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-13562#Server_Side_Integration_Customization http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossWS-StackCXFUserGuide#Server_Side_Integration_Customization
 http://www.mastertheboss.com/web-interfaces/307-jboss-cxf-web-services.html http://www.mastertheboss.com/web-interfaces/307-jboss-cxf-web-services.html

Leon

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]