[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: FullGC at start-up even before application deployment?

Wolf-Dieter Fink do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 21 07:54:52 EDT 2011

Wolf-Dieter Fink [http://community.jboss.org/people/wdfink] created the discussion

"Re: FullGC at start-up even before application deployment?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/627759#627759

You use conflicting GC settings and I don't know what the JVM prefere in this case.
See  http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/tech/vmoptions-jsp-140102.html http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/tech/vmoptions-jsp-140102.html for detail on options.

I prefere UseParallelGC (only not Old) or 'UseConcMarkSweep AND CMSIncrementalMode' but the performance depends stron on the application memory footprint  :(

So I recommend to not think about optimizing without measure the app, you should drop NewSize option and try to use NewParGC or CMS.
See what happen, you might watch with jstat or VisualVM.
Also I miss the information about the JVM version...

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]