[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Trying to resolve systemId as a non-file URL

Scale It do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 2 08:46:45 EDT 2012

Scale It [https://community.jboss.org/people/meselfe] created the discussion

"Trying to resolve systemId as a non-file URL"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/727736#727736

Im am migrating an application to JBoss 5.1.0.GA from another app server.

The web service clients in my app seem to work but I get a lot of warnings in the log:

2012-04-02 14:18:53,660 WARN  [org.jboss.util.xml.JBossEntityResolver] (http-127.0.0.1-8080-1) Trying to resolve systemId as a non-file URL: vfszip:/C:/dev/...some.ear/lib/..some-ws-client.jar/wsdl/my.xsd

The WSDL and any XSD imported in the WSDL are packaged inside the JAR file. The path mentioned in the log statement appears to be correct if used as a file URI.

The service client is created with a reference to the WSDL inside the JAR like this:

     Service service = Service.create("/wsdl/my.wsdl", MY_QNAME);

However this is the line of code that causes the warning in the log.

What does this really mean? Performance is important so I hope the web service framework does not end up resolving the XSD from the net.

I tried to package a META-INF/jax-ws-catalog.xml with the client JAR file to map the systemID to a file URI but it does not seem to be picked up by the web service framework.

Any1 know how to fix this?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]