[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: JBoss Messaging cluster : Some messages takes 2 to 6 seconds to deliver

Sudeep Pillai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Apr 8 13:38:22 EDT 2012

Sudeep Pillai [https://community.jboss.org/people/sudeeppillai] created the discussion

"Re: JBoss Messaging cluster : Some messages takes 2 to 6 seconds to deliver"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/728807#728807

This is fixed by minor configuration change.

In deploy\messaging\remoting-bisocket-service.xml  add the following configuration
  <attribute name="enableTcpNoDelay" isParam="true">true</attribute>

Above configuration had improved the performance.

Since we are using tcp channel instead of udp, we also modified
\deploy\cluster\jgroups-channelfactory.sar\META-INF\jgroups-channelfactory-stacks.xml
by adding below configuration to tcp and jbm-data channels
tcp_nodelay="true"

Both the above configurations helped the message delivery happening in sub-milliseconds time for the sample application which was consistently producing nearly 200ms time delay for 5% of messages.

I would like to hear from expert on any side effects of above configuration especially since Redhat has not documented the use of "enableTcpNoDelay" in JBoss 5.x version documentation.

Thanks,
Sudeep

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]