[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] - local or xa datasource

ashvish do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 10 12:49:03 EDT 2012

ashvish [https://community.jboss.org/people/ashvish] created the discussion

"local or xa datasource"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/729166#729166

Hi,

I have an enterprise application that is configured to use just one local-tx datasource (ds1). The transaction isolation level is set to transaction serializable. As part of reducing database contention, I was thinking of configuring another local tx datasource (ds2) which would be used only for reading committed data from the database for example use for reports. But while experimenting with the same I find that while ds1 is in the process of doing read and save operations to the db, a read operation using ds2 waits till ds1's transaction is over. Is it possible to overcome this by using xa-datasource? If so is jTDS driver the best available option to use? I have searched a lot about this, but haven't found any concrete solution yet. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. JBoss version being used is 4.

Thanks
Ashvish

Start a new discussion in Datasource Configuration at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2077]