[jboss-user] [EJB3] - JBoss 5.1 StrictMaxPool ignored after exception

Paweł Stokowiec do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 16 10:26:45 EDT 2012

Paweł Stokowiec [https://community.jboss.org/people/p100] created the discussion

"JBoss 5.1 StrictMaxPool ignored after exception"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/730304#730304

Hi,

I'm using annotation
{code:java} @Pool(value = PoolDefaults.POOL_IMPLEMENTATION_STRICTMAX, maxSize = 1, timeout = 10000) {code}
to implelement a singleton bean. It is working fine - concurrent calls to bean are blocked. But if exception occurs in bean method, the instance is discarded and new created instances seems to ignore max pool size setting. I can observer parallel execution of bean methods.

It can be important that this singleton bean is called from other bean that is called with AsyncUtils.mixinAsync, so:
Bean A calls bean B with AsyncUtils.mixinAsync
Bean B call singleton bean C
All components are stateless

It is critical part of my solution, do you have some advice how to workaround this error?

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]