[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - How to set new SoapHandler for each invocation?

Scale It do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 17 09:11:56 EDT 2012

Scale It [https://community.jboss.org/people/meselfe] created the discussion

"How to set new SoapHandler for each invocation?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/730564#730564

>From the JBossWS FAQ it appears that the Service object is thread safe:

> *JAX-WS (JBossWS-Native)
> *
> +javax.xml.ws.Service+ - Thread safe
> The port proxy returned by getPort(..) methods of Service is not thread safe instead.

But I need to set a new SoapHandler for each invocation because it is used to set security stuff that unique to each and every invocation:

Service service = Service.create(someWsdlUrl, someQName);
MyHandlerResolver resolver = new MyHandlerResolver();
resolver.addHandler(new MySoapHandler(usercredentials));
service.setHandlerResolver(resolver);

Since the SoapHandler is set on the Service object it seems Im therefore forced to create a new instance of Service for each invocation? I assume theres a performance penalty associated with creating the Service object. Is there some other way I can set credentials uniquely to the invocation without creating a new Service instance every time?

I should mention that the SoapHandler that deals with security supports many security protocols including one thats home grown.

Using JBoss 5.1.0GA.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]