[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - using RestEasy

Steve Jagels do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 17 19:47:04 EDT 2012

Steve Jagels [https://community.jboss.org/people/sej] created the discussion

"using RestEasy"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/730700#730700

I am trying to do a simple RestEasy application.  I downloaded the latest RestEasy jar files.  I created the java application.  When I run it I get a 404 error.  When jboss starts up, I see an error:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file

Based on what people have said on other websites, apparently I'm running an earlier version of java than what the RestEasy jar files were compiled on.  So what should I do?

I am running:

Eclipse 4.3.0.GA_CP03
JBoss 4.3.0.GA_CP03
JDK 1.5.0.17