[jboss-user] [EJB3] - Changing the port number for an EJB exposed as a webservice

Steffen Schmidt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 18 07:18:30 EDT 2012

Steffen Schmidt [https://community.jboss.org/people/stsc] created the discussion

"Changing the port number for an EJB exposed as a webservice"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/730794#730794

I have a stateless session bean with annotations to expose it as a web service:

@Stateless
@WebService(targetNamespace = "http://tempuri.org/", serviceName = "myService")
@WebContext(contextRoot = "/pushServices", urlPattern = "/")
@SOAPBinding(style=SOAPBinding.Style.DOCUMENT)
public class PushBean implements PushBeanIF, PushBeanRemote {

Currently, the service is deployed on port 8080, but I would like the web service to be available on port 9090. I don't want to change the general server port because it will interfere with the web application.

I tried to set the property
<property name="webServicePort">9090</property>
in the jboss-beans.xml file for the WSServerConfig entry.

After setting this property, the web service seemed to be available on port 9090 according to the overview on JbossWS/Services page  http://localhost:8080/jbossws/services http://localhost:8080/jbossws/services. But this was a false alarm, because it still only responded on port 8080.

So, what do I do? My guess is, that is is a small piece of configuration - I just need to find the right place to do it...

I'm working on a Jboss AS 5.1

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]