[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: Jboss with axis2 web service using high CPU utilization

rajesh gupta do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 26 01:09:06 EDT 2012

rajesh gupta [https://community.jboss.org/people/rajesh_nadiminti] created the discussion

"Re: Jboss with axis2 web service using high CPU utilization"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/732287#732287

Hi Peter
Thank you for your reply.

I did few load tests to understand the CPU utilization.
In our application we are using Mysql5.5 enterprise edition having 40 million records. External client will only request one record details at a time.
1) I performed a load test with 1 million requests(read), i observed that the CPU is around 81 to 85 %  throughput is 1200 per/sec with a response time of 15 milli seconds
2) Tested with empty Axis2 servlet. now CPU utilization is around 45 to 50 % (from this we can say our app is taking 30%-35 % of CPU). I just wanted to know is there any way to reduce CPU utilization here (from jboss perspective)? beacuse reducing CPU is our goal.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]