[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: How to complete custom Work Item Handler

Sukumaran Raghavan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Apr 28 02:20:43 EDT 2012

Sukumaran Raghavan [https://community.jboss.org/people/suku_1983] created the discussion

"Re: How to complete custom Work Item Handler"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/732799#732799

Hi,

I had a similar scenario. I took the following approach.

 - I created my own DB table for my CustomWorkItemHandler. i maintained the Session ID, Process Instance ID, WorkItem ID, and state (as needed by you). Everytime the workitemhandler is executed, it will update the DB table . Note that it DOES not complete or abort the work item.
 - In my case i had an external event to complete the work item. Upon receipt of the event, i loaded the persisted ksession, then performed a completeWorkitem for the specific work item ID. I got the work item ID as part of the external event.

This is basically how the Human task works. I had picked the idea from there. HumanTask however is much more complex; while this is a much more simple case.